It appears we will be staying at home for a little while longer as the new year begins. Here at Humphreys of Henley we want to play our part in helping our guests to continue to immerse themselves in authentic, rarefied and edifying experiences. Even through there may not be real-world experiences currently, it doesn’t mean that you have to miss out!
In an opportunity to bring families, friends and loved ones together again, we are kick starting our ‘Après On Location’ with our ‘Humphreys At Home’ choice of experiences. We invite you to learn new skills, get inspired and have fun with our fabulous options streamed directly into their homes and hampers delivered straight to your doorsteps.
Whilst we stay safe at home and wait for the world to reopen again, we hope that we can bring a little bit of Humphreys of Henley happiness to you at home.
The At Home experiences are designed to lead to On Location experiences once you are able to book a post lockdown luxury staycation.
Let’s put a smile back on your faces, distract you from the gloomy news and get you excited about what is possible!Enquire about Experience
Using our recommended suppliers, we will provide you with the opportunity to enjoy experiences from the comfort of your home.
How will the experiences be completed?
- You will receive a beautiful package delivered directly to your front door, complete with the ingredients or equipment required for your experience
- To make it an experience to remember, you will receive engraved gifts designed for your unique experience
- Via zoom, the experience experts will provide exclusive masterclasses and/or provide personal luxury hampers
We have chosen a vibrant selection of exclusive experiences all whilst ensuring that your safety is our utmost priority.
When will the experiences be available to guests?
- From January to March we are offering Humphreys At Home experiences
- From January to May Après On Location experiences are available
What's the plan?
- Let us give you something lovely to look forward to whilst we’re still in lockdown and an even bigger treat to look forward to when you can visit the English countryside in person
- When you are ready to confirm an At Home experience, we will recommend securing the On Location dates should you wish to enjoy this experience or any other once the world re-opens
Afternoon Tea at its Finest
We all love an old-fashioned tea party, from hand-painted china, lace and linen to fresh roses on the table and the smells of freshly prepared home baking. Let us transport you to early 1800s Regency England, where you can play dress up and throw a tea party just like the Bridgertons. Enhance your experience further with an etiquette lesson like no other. Lord Fermoy will join your Afternoon Tea and discuss everything from how to arrange a tea party with guests seated traditionally, to what to add to your tea selection and how to hold the cup and saucer correctly, to the proper use of the tea knife and pastry fork.
The Ultimate Dinner Party
Don your finest evening wear and invite your friends and family, virtually, to share the exuberance, pomp and grandeur of a truly bespoke dining experience. Ever wondered how the aristocracy dined during the reign of George V, we can create a themed dinner celebrating the wonderful Downton Abbey, allowing you and your guests to enjoy the ways of life of those living 'upstairs'. Our very own British etiquette expert, Lord Fermoy, will explain to you the rules of etiquette for a 'high society' dinner party: how to arrange your table with guests seated in a traditional order; how to set the table with the correct table wares; the beverages to accompany your meal; and, the proper use of knives, forks, napkins and more.
Become a MasterChef
Bored of banana bread, brownies and biscuits? Expand on your cookery skills with a MasterChef experience with one of our favourite recommended chefs. In a virtual masterclass, your recommended or our suggested local chef will create a fabulous menu and provide you with fresh, local produce on the day of the experience. With 1:1 tuition, you will master professional cooking techniques and create delicious dishes – perfect for your next dinner party. The class is tailored to you – you choose what cuisine or dish you wish to cook, from Italian, traditional English, fine dining or home cooking to create a masterpiece!
Become a Cocktail or Whisky Mixologist
A professional mixologist will dazzle you whilst taking you through some of the best spirits in the industry via an online masterclass. Perfect a selection of classic cocktails or try something new and daring. Get yourself ready for the next social gathering and perfectly blend your mixology selection for the most charming cocktail!
Explore Fabulous Floristry
You will receive a delivery to your doorstep of the freshest of flowers ahead of your fabulous zoom floristry lesson. Master a new skill and create a fabulous arrangement for your home. Choose from four delightful options:
- Spring Wreaths - create something beautiful and natural to brighten up your front door that will grow over time
- Dried Flower Bouquets - the perfect way to capture the bounty of each season and create stunning, long lasting bouquets
- Dried Flower Wreaths - a beautiful addition to brighten up the inside of your home and learn the basics of drying flowers
- Forage for Flowers - incorporate a mixture of fresh and wild flowers into your workshop
Excel in Art Classes
With the best equipment and a beautifully bespoke canvas, you will be led through an artistic class of your choice. Following the guide of an art master via zoom, you will learn the ins and outs of creating an art piece worthy of place on the walls of your home.
Provided again by our recommended or suggested local chef, a perfect at home hamper for lunch, dinner or afternoon tea will be delivered directly to your door. Whether it's for an at home date night, a fun family night or a big celebration, tuck into decadent cuisine with these divine hampers.
Why not choose our special hamper, which offers the ideal luxury cinema themed experience? Perfect for those cosy nights in with loved ones throughout winter! Gather your blankets, pillows and throws and get ready to settle down in your at home cinema.